I learned a new term today: "vanity sizing."
You may already know what it is, but as a guy, I didn't. Basically, I was looking online for motorcycle riding pants—something tougher than jeans because jeans don't really protect too well from road rash. One of the mesh pants I was considering mentioned that the sizing was not vanity sizing … and so I wondered: "What in the world is this?"
Vanity sizing makes you feel smaller than you really are. So, those jeans you might now fit in that are size X, may actually be size Y (where X is 36 and Y is 38 … as an example: no, you're not fat).
This blew my mind. (You're right, it doesn't take much.)
I figured there was "truth" in those sizing labels. It's a simple expectation. But this whole thing about "vanity sizing" makes me wonder what else in this wide world may not be what it's saying it is.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Discouragement
Discouragement is real. And when we’re going through discouraging times, pep talks aren’t as welcome—but we need them anyway. Sometimes we...
-
September 11, 2016, marks the fifteenth anniversary of 9/11. “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is ou...
-
Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he ha...
-
And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will h...
No comments:
Post a Comment