So, getting up this morning I did the usual - after getting my Costa Rican coffee from Joffrey's of Tampa (excellent, by the way) I opened my Chromebook to get online and do what I usually do: drink coffee and read.
Well, today is the day I came into the world fat. I've just gotten fatter and slightly taller. And Google's home page let me know too much about it - and yes, that kinda scared me . . . to the point that I almost misspelled "scared" as "scarred." Maybe the extra "r" makes it extra scary!
I realize why Google did this - they can. Their intention isn't to scare, but to make me feel that this is "neato espisito." But I don't feel that way - again, it's intimidating that they know so much about me.
Maybe it boils down to the bone of advertising. So, I'm going to buy something . . . for my birthday.
I wonder what Google recommends . . .
Discouragement
Discouragement is real. And when we’re going through discouraging times, pep talks aren’t as welcome—but we need them anyway. Sometimes we...
-
September 11, 2016, marks the fifteenth anniversary of 9/11. “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is ou...
-
Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he ha...
-
And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will h...