The older I get, the dumber I feel about nearly everything. Like King Saul, my self-assessment is pretty simple: "I have played the fool" (1 Sam. 26:21).
I actually hate myself because of how insecure I am.
I know that I'm not perfect, but there are days (or moments) that my imperfection is really known by all.
I wish better for my girls: thankfully, they have their mother to help them deal with life. I feel sorry for them sometimes that I'm there to undo what she's accomplished in them.
I am also very thankful for God's longsuffering (2 Pet. 3:15).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Discouragement
Discouragement is real. And when we’re going through discouraging times, pep talks aren’t as welcome—but we need them anyway. Sometimes we...
-
September 11, 2016, marks the fifteenth anniversary of 9/11. “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is ou...
-
Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he ha...
-
And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will h...
No comments:
Post a Comment